Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday Stuff

Brrrr y'all.  Here's hoping things start to warm up this week.

These pictures of Charleston in the snow are so beautiful.  Snow on palm trees and Palmetto's.....

Who's is everyone pulling for in tonight's Golden Globes.  I have to admit that I've not seen ANY of the nominated movies because I hate going to the theater, but The Post and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri just  might change that.  Both look so good.






We loved The Crown (Netflix), The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) and Big Little Lies (HBO) so it would be fun for them to win.  Although I swear I thought Nicole Kidman already won a Globe last year for her role in Big Little Lies.....must have dreamed that!

Speaking of The Crown, they NAILED the casting.

Is anyone else listening to the podcast Dirty John?  If you like true crime stories, give this a listen.  I'm getting ready to start episode 4 and I'm obsessed.  If podcasts aren't your thing, you can read the story here from the LATimes.

If you're looking for some of the best articles of 2017 these three lists are fabulous.  Click here, here and here.  And thank you Quartz for putting together this list of the 99 Best Things to Happen in 2017.  Maybe it wasn't so dark after all.

Are thank you notes a dying art?  We went to two weddings in 2017 and gladly purchased shower and wedding gifts for the brides and grooms.  Not one single thank you note.  Not.  One.  I'm sending the happy couples this article.  (Not really, but.....)

We're going to France in May to do a river cruise from Paris to Champagne and then back to Paris for a few days of the French Open.  We haven't booked a place to stay in Paris yet, but this hotel is stunning and what about this Airbnb?  Although......

I would love to start a cookbook club.  It just sounds so fun.  Who's in?

How pretty is this bowl?

These recipes are goals for this week.....

These Salted Butter and Chocolate Chunk shortbread cookies are apparently very popular
I vowed to get better at bread making this year, so I'm taking the King Arthur monthly bread challenge
Pesto is my go-to sauce to toss with a big pan of roasted vegetables but I'm trying this lemon tahini dressing next time
And finally, this Halibut in Miso is happening (although I'll probably use cod since that's always available)

And finally, we'll be in San Fancisco and Napa during this time, but I'd die to go to this event at Blackberry Farm.   I mean, just listen to these ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment