Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Faves

Happy weekend people!  I'm so excited to introduce y'all to the blog's newest contributor......my fabulous niece, Annie!  She's here to add a younger, much hipper, voice to this space.  She likes all the dogs, sour beer, great books, weird tv shows and is oddly attached to her car, Rhonda.  You'll love her as much as I do.

She's the one on the left!  That chunk of cuteness on the right is Callan the terrific.


Let's get to this week's links, shall we?

I made this Chickpea and Fennel Ratatouille this week and my goodness was it tasty.  After reading the comments on the recipe I added in mushrooms and about a cup of red wine when I added the chickpeas and served it over some brown rice.  Mmmm
Photo from the New York Times

I ordered Bobby Flay's new book Bobby Flay Fit and promptly marked practically every recipe, but I'll be starting with this one next week.

I finished the Dirty John podcast....you MUST listen, and am on to this one.

Ten things Joy the Baker has learned in 10 years of food blogging.  Love her.  

What's In and Out in 2018 according to the Washington Post.  Mrs. Maisel is SO in!!

Alabama is apparently in the midst of a flu epidemic.  Yikes.  WASH PEOPLE!

Why you should keep your used dryer sheets.  Who knew?

Our family is obsessed with tiny houses.  We all want one.  Here of 75 of the best!

We talked about Miso earlier this week.  Here's Gwyneth's guide and a few more recipes.  Did you hear she's consciously recoupled?

The New York Times 52 Places to go in 2018.  I see you Cincinnati, Ohio!

And I just can't walk away without giving you my thoughts on this season of the Bachelor.  First of all.....NOT happy about it being Arie (didn't like him during Emily's season) but I have to say that the women are all beautiful.  I mean stunning.  And, of course, I have my early front runners.....and ones that I'd like to see get immediate therapy.  Now, I have to admit that I usually enjoy watching after I've read Reality Steve's post on who wins.  Made my (former) friends cray that I liked to watch the season knowing who "won".  I put that in quotes, because.....well.  But this season snuck up on me and I hadn't read said post, so I decided to watch it green.  So, here are my thoughts after two episodes.....

Krystal....I just can't with that voice.  And does anyone else think it's like he's dating his mother??

 

Yup....Krystal on the left and Mama on the right.  I mean......

Others.....Bibiana is CRAY.....those eyes.  Tia or Becca (short hair) for the next bachelorette.  I'm glad that Jenny finally got broken up with....that'll serve her well later in life.  STOP fucking crying Annalise.  And that taxadermy girl tho!!!!

That's all I got

Annie's Faves:

'Dirty John' podcast-



Defnitely worth the listen, but will most likely make you hate the fact that people like John ACTUALLY EXIST. I wish I could meet him in a dark alley somewhere and have him try to get $25,000 from me and my lead pipe... 



While some of the issues in this book are tough, it is beautifully written with incredible attention to detail. Turtle Alveston is a character I will never forget. She is a 14 year-old badass. 



Do yourself a favor and watch this. If you've never watched a Black Mirror episode, I'm not sure what you're waiting on. I haven't watched every episode, but this one ranks among my favorites so far. Give it at least five minutes before you decide whether or not you will continue watching. 



My uncle hooked me up with the shades that I'm wearing in the pictures above and below. I think the last time I owned a pair of sunglasses was probably 10+ years ago. I've just never really been into them or felt like I needed them. However, I do love these ones. They're really lightweight and they have polarized lenses. I think they'll become part of my daily wardrobe (if the sun ever shines down here in Bama). Check out Maho Shades online. Oh, and isn't Callan the cutest thing you've ever seen in your whole life? I know. (Here's a better pic) 





photo from Epicurious


One of my goals during my stay here is to learn how to cook. Anything. My arsenal is empty. With Jill being a fantastic cook, I don't think this goal will be hard to reach. I learned this one last night and it was SO easy, and insanely delish. 


KEITA BATES-DIOP

While back in Ohio during the holidays, I was able to attend a couple of OSU Men's basketball games with my dad. We saw them play Radford back in November, which was meh. And last Sunday, I got to watch Tom Izzo lose his shit while the Buckeyes took a 20+ point lead over the #1 ranked Spartans. Also watched them skate by Maryland last night, all under the leadership of Keita Bates-Diop. Not only do I love saying his name, but he has seriously proven to be a real PTP-er. Excited to see what the Buckeyes will do this season. 


In other news...

Rhonda will be getting an upgrade this weekend. Rhonda is my car, Rhonda the Honda. We will be celebrating 13 years together this spring. My uncle Ed and my cousin Barry are installing THIS on Sunday. I don't know if I've ever been so excited!



Jill and Ed taught me how to play Rummikub last night. Don't try to talk to me for the next seven nights, I'll be busy.

Lastly, but certainly not least, I will be leveling up in Pokemon GO in the next day or two, level 27. No link necessary!

*Weekend tip to anyone in the Bham area: Go eat at Seasons 52 at the Summit and ask for Brad. 



  





No comments:

Post a Comment